Refereeing & Judging Commission
The Refereeing & Judging commission deals with everything related to Referees & Judges and is responsible for the development and implementation of the AIBA R&J Management System that caters for the development, education, certification and maintenance of the System.
The duties of the commission include:
- To review AIBA Referee and Judge Manual and Guidelines
- To establish the standards to evaluate and certify the referees and judges
- To create, review and approve the course content for referee and judge, and the instructors.
- To appoint instructors for referee and judge courses
- To appoint Referees and Judges for AIBA Competitions
- To participate in the nomination of the candidates for the AIBA Annual Award
- To introduce technology or initiatives to improve the refereeing and judging in AIBA Competitions.
- To advise on the investigation of R&J issues, such as eligibility criteria, R&J decisions or any complaints submitted.
The Commission members shall have extensive experience and a proven track record of outstanding performance in refereeing and judging, and fundamental knowledge for the development and education of boxing referees and judges.