Referee and Judges
AIBA R&J Certification Courses
Referees and Judges are a vital part of AIBA’s organization to help create a fair and safe atmosphere during competition. The aim of AIBA is to always maintain a high standard of officiating, offer the best possible education, and to create a pathway to develop officials at a global standard. AIBA currently has R&J Instructors, with plans to increase this number in order to maintain and create the best officials at all levels worldwide.
Organizing a course
National Federations interested in hosting a 1-Star AIBA R&J Certification Course, please download, fill out, and sign the appropriate forms provided below. Please send the completed forms to email@example.com, and to your Confederation’s email address. Please be sure to read the
For all other R&J courses, 2-Star and above, AIBA will plan these courses. This information will be communicated to all National Federations once locations and dates are finalized. The course calendar will also show the confirmed and tentative locations and dates listed.
AIBA 1 Star R&J Application package (For National Federations):
- R&J Examination Guidelines – Please make sure to read these guidelines carefully, to understand the process before moving forward to the next steps.
- 1-Star Host Application – This form needs to be completed and submitted as soon as possible. Please type in the information, print the document after you complete typing all information, sign, stamp and email to AIBA.
- List of R&J Applicants (This template will be provided after submitting the Host Application) – Must be filled with the names of each participant that will be evaluated. Please include all candidates, their position and experience. This information must be typed and saved as well.
- AIBA Database Manual – Please use this manual to give you direction on how to add each participant into AIBA’s database.
- R&J Course Registration Module – Please use this module to register the applicants once approved by AIBA.
Registering for a course
If you are a Referee or Judge and would like to participate in an AIBA R&J Certification Course, please first review the appropriate course guidelines to ensure that you meet the eligibility requirements. If you meet all of the requirements, please contact your National Federation to include you in the Participant List for one of the appropriate and upcoming AIBA R&J Certification Courses.
|STAR LEVEL||COURSE LANGUAGE||COURSE DATES||REGISTRATION||CAPACITY (REGISTERED/TOTAL)||STATUS|
|3-Star||ENG||February 19 - 26, 2017||Closed||Confirmed|
|2-Star||ENG||March 12 - 17, 2017||Closed||Confirmed|
|3-Star||ENG||April 2 – 8, 2017||Closed||Cancelled|
|2-Star||ENG||April 23 - May 1, 2017||Closed||Confirmed|
|2-Star||ENG||May 2 - 7, 2017||Closed||Confirmed|
|3-Star||ENG||June 1 – June 6, 2017||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||ENG||June 11 - 18||Pending|
|1, 2 & 3-star||ENG||June 24 - 30||Closed||Confirmed|
|2-Star||ENG||June 19 - 25, 2017||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||July 10 - 16||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||2nd week of July||Cancelled|
|1-Star||July 12 - 17||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||ENG||Aug 19 - 25||Closed||Confirmed|
|2-Star||ENG||Sept 19 - 23||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||Oct 20 - 25||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||End of Oct||Cancelled|
|2-Star||ENG||November 15 – 19||Closed||Confirmed|
|1-Star||Nov 15 - 24||Closed||Confirmed|
|2-Star||Dec 3 – 9||Pending|
|1-Star||Dec 10 – 17||Open until Nov 5||Confirmed|
|1-Star||Dec 13 - 22||Open until Oct 27||Confirmed|
*In Progress* means that AIBA fully intends to organise this course and is waiting for the final details.
Note: R&Js wanting to register to any courses must contact their National Federation.
- AOB/APB/WSB R&J Instructors Workshop
- APB/WSB Supervisors and R&Js workshop Incheon
- Extraordinary One-Time APB/WSB R&J Certification Course
Please send your questions and requests regarding AIBA Referee and Judges to firstname.lastname@example.org