The Ethics Commission shall be composed of five members, a Chair, a Vice Chair and three members, appointed by the AIBA President, ratified by the Executive Committee.
The mission of the Commission is:
- to assist AIBA in developing and updating a framework of ethical principles, including the AIBA Code of Ethics, based upon the values and principles enshrined in the AIBA Code of Ethics, Statutes, Bylaws, Disciplinary Code, Procedural Rules, Technical & Competition Rules and in the Olympic Charter, all such values and principles being hereafter referred to as “AIBA Ethical Principles”;
- to help ensure compliance with the AIBA Ethical Principles in the policies and practices of AIBA;
- to provide assistance, including advice or proposals, upon request by the AIBA President, the Executive Committee, the Disciplinary Commission or the Congress, in order that the AIBA Ethical Principles are applied in practice;
- to investigate complaints or other issues submitted to the Commission by the AIBA President, the Executive Committee, the Disciplinary Commission or the Congress, and raised in relation to the non-respect of the AIBA Ethical Principles, and, if necessary, to recommend sanctions or other action to be taken by AIBA, its President, its Executive Committee, its Disciplinary Commission or its Congress;
- to bring to the attention of whatever entity it finds appropriate, including but not limited to the AIBA President, the Executive Committee, the Disciplinary Commission or the Congress, any matter infringing the AIBA Ethical Principles and recommend actions or sanctions;
- to advise on how to avoid or resolve conflicts of interests;
- to pursue any other tasks relating to the development and implementation of the AIBA Ethical Principles, as requested by the AIBA President, the Executive Committee, the Disciplinary Commission or the Congress.
|Function||Last Name||First Name||Country|
|Chairman||To be selected|