The mission of AIBA’s Athletes Commission is to:
- Represent the views and opinions of the athletes and ensure their voice is heard within AIBA
- Inform athletes about AIBA activities (i.e. educational tools, rules and regulations, qualification guidelines…)
- Work with and support AIBA in its mission to develop and promote the sport; and
- Support a boxing athlete to be a member of the IOC Athletes’ Commission.
The objectives of the Commission are to:
- Consider issues and projects related to athletes and to provide advice to AIBA;
- Engage actively with initiatives and projects that protect and support clean athletes on and off the field of play;
- Represent the rights and interests of athletes and make related recommendations (for example, the appointment of arbitrators by the International Council of Arbitration for Sport (ICAS);
- Consult with athletes in the evaluation of the rules and regulations of boxing and subsequently provide feedback to AIBA; and
- Maintain contact with the IOC Athletes’ Commission
- Be the spokesperson of AIBA to athletes.
|Function||Last Name||First Name||Country||Mandate|
|Interim representative||Stark||Annemarie||Germany||9 February 2019 until the conclusion of the inaugural Athletes’ Commission Election|
|Interim representative||La Cruz||Julio Cesar||Cuba||9 February 2019 until the conclusion of the inaugural Athletes’ Commission Election|