The mission of AIBA’s Athletes Commission is to:
- Represent the views and opinions of the athletes and ensure their voice is heard within AIBA
- Inform athletes about AIBA activities (i.e. educational tools, rules and regulations, qualification guidelines…)
- Work with and support AIBA in its mission to develop and promote the sport; and
- Support a boxing athlete to be a member of the IOC Athletes’ Commission.
The objectives of the Commission are to:
- Consider issues and projects related to athletes and to provide advice to AIBA;
- Engage actively with initiatives and projects that protect and support clean athletes on and off the field of play;
- Represent the rights and interests of athletes and make related recommendations (for example, the appointment of arbitrators by the International Council of Arbitration for Sport (ICAS);
- Consult with athletes in the evaluation of the rules and regulations of boxing and subsequently provide feedback to AIBA; and
- Maintain contact with the IOC Athletes’ Commission
- Be the spokesperson of AIBA to athletes.
Athletes’ Commission Election
|1||The Election Committee publishes the approved AIBA Athletes’ Commission Election Procedure||On 16 April 2019|
|2||Calls for Nominations||§ From 25 April 2019 to 5 June 2019
§ National Federations shall submit the required documents by email to Commissions@aiba.org under the subject Nomination for Athletes’ Commission Election
§ The application email received after midnight on 5 June 2019 (GMT+2) will not be considered.
|3||The list of candidates selected as per AIBA bylaws published on AIBA Web||By latest 3 July 2019|
|4||Election dates and venues||A. September 6 – 9, 2019
Yekaterinburg, Russia at AIBA Men’s World Boxing Championships 2019
B. September 29 – October 2, 2019
Ulan-Ude, Russia at AIBA Women’s World Boxing Championships 2019
The time periods for voting will be further specified.
Election Procedure Download
Application Form Download
Nomination Form Download
Below is the current list of candidates for AIBA’s Athletes’ Commission. The list is subject to: (a) further review of the supporting documents for each candidate; and, (b) additional candidates requested by the Athletes’ Commission Election Committee from the African, Americas and Asia Confederations. Ideally, the Athletes’ Commission will be composed of a male and female athlete from each of the five Confederations. The Election Committee remain on track to elect the members of the Athletes’ Commission at the Mens’ and Womens’ World Championships scheduled for later this year. – Athletes’ Commission Election Committee.
|#||First Name||Last Name||Confederation||Gender|
The Members of the Election Committee for 2019 are:
- Mr Jost Schmid, Ethics Commission
- Mr Dennis O’Connell, Disciplinary Commission
- Mdm Hana Agnes Kendi, Women’s Commission
Interim Athletes Representatives
|Function||Last Name||First Name||Country||Mandate|
|Interim representative||Stark||Annemarie||Germany||9 February 2019 until the conclusion of the inaugural Athletes’ Commission Election|
|Interim representative||La Cruz||Julio Cesar||Cuba||9 February 2019 until the conclusion of the inaugural Athletes’ Commission Election|