Information collection and use
AIBA collects personal identifying information when you register on the Website, when you use certain products or services on the Website and when you enter promotions, sweepstakes or similar services sponsored by AIBA or its business partners. AIBA may also receive personal identifying information from its business partners.
If registration required, AIBA may request your name, email address, and some other personal information. Once you register with AIBA and/or sign in to our products or services, you are not anonymous to AIBA and the information provided will be held by AIBA.
In the event that registration or sign in occurs via Facebook authentication services (Facebook account), AIBA may receive some information from Facebook, but you remain solely responsible for your whole relationship with Facebook, including, without limitation, any content on the Facebook website.
In case you terminate your membership with Facebook and/or terminate the links between Facebook and our Website, AIBA will delete all data received from Facebook concerning you if you ask AIBA to do so. You can do so using the same easy way as for the ability to access your personal identifying information as defined in this Policy. Further, Facebook may require AIBA to delete data received from Facebook API in case of violation of their terms.
If Facebook will disable any links to our website, AIBA will delete all your data received through the use of the Facebook API, unless it is a basic account information or AIBA have received explicit consent from you to retain your data.
AIBA also automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser including your Internet Protocol address (IP address), which identifies your computer, AIBA’s cookies information and the page you requested.
AIBA uses information collected for three general purposes: for technical administration of the Website, for research and development to achieve and maintain a high service level and for customer information (to customise the content you see, to fulfil your request for certain products and services and to contact you about specials and new products and services).
Information sharing and disclosure
AIBA will not sell or rent your personal identifying information without your consent. AIBA may send personal identifying information about you to third parties when:
- AIBA has your consent to share the information;
- AIBA needs to share your information to provide the product or service you have requested;
- AIBA needs to send the information to third parties who work on behalf of AIBA to provide a product or service to you (unless otherwise stated so, these third parties do not have any rights to use the personal identifying information AIBA provides to them beyond what is necessary to provide a product or service to you);
- AIBA responds to courts or authorities;
- AIBA finds that your actions on the Website violate AIBA Website Terms and Conditions of Use or any other AIBA’s guidelines or rules applicable for specific services; or
AIBA uses its own cookies for number of purposes, mainly to:
- access your information when you “sign in”, so that we can provide you with customized content;
- keep track of preferences you specify while you are using AIBA services;
- estimate and report our total audience size and traffic;
- conduct research and development to improve the Website contents and services and achieve and maintain a high service level.
AIBA may allow third parties that are presenting promotions or researching users response to advertisement on some of our pages to set and access their own cookies on your computer. Third parties’ use of their cookies is subject to their own privacy policies and not this one.
If you communicate with AIBA by email, you should note that the secrecy of Internet email is uncertain. By sending sensitive or confidential email messages or information which are not encrypted you accept the risk of such uncertainty and possible lack of confidentiality over the Internet. In certain areas, AIBA uses industry standard SSL encryption to protect data transmissions.
Generally, AIBA takes precautions to safeguard your personal information against loss, theft, and misuse, as well as against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Updating your information
You may review, correct, update or change your personal information at any time by accessing your account on www.aiba.org
AIBA is subject to Swiss data protection laws when collecting and processing personal identifying information.
Questions or suggestions